Constipation Podcast Makes an Often Uncomfortable Topic Very Accessible and Informative
Dr. Drossman spoke with Lynda Girparic on her Love&Guts podcast about Constipation, Dyssynergic Defecation and Patient-Centered Care this April.
Constipation is often a difficult topic for many people to discuss openly, but Dr. Drossman normalizes and de-stigmatizes this topic and makes it easy for listeners to feel comfortable and ready to explore solutions to this common condition that affects approximately 12-14% of the US adult population, about 1 in 7 adults.
The podcast covers:
- What is constipation
- The different types of constipation – including primary and secondary
- Dyssynergic defecation – drivers and signs and symptoms
- Bloating that often accompanies symptoms of constipation
- What investigations are carried out by a gastroenterologist to confirm this condition
- Treatments commonly recommended or administered by gastroenterologists or GI motility specialists
- Why effective communication skills and patient-centered care are needed
- What are some ways that patients can improve their communication with doctors
- His new book Gut Feelings co-authored with Johannah Ruddy, M.Ed, patient advocate
- And so much more
Links to this informative and instructive podcast can be found here: